Sunday 16 August 2015

By Terry Ombre Blackstar 'Frozen Quarts' Review



I was recently having a huge marathon of watching Zoella's youtube videos, and came across the 'BY TERRY Ombre Blackstar "Color-Fix" Cream Eye Shadow in her 'Fresh, Spring Makeup Tutorial'. I've never actually used an eyeshadow pen before so decided to give this one a go.


Although the eyeshadow comes in several different shades I decided to chose the shade 'Frozen Quartz', as this had a pinkish/orange tone which I felt would complement my green eyes. Not only is the packaging lovely, but the actual pen is too. It comes in a stunning gold tube that is the perfect size to carry in your handbag or fit neatly in your makeup organiser. 





Frozen Quarts is more of the more shimmery formulas out the collection but there are others such as Brown Perfection and Midnight Forest that have more matte formulas. I would say that one of the main pros, due to it being a eyeshadow pen, is that it's super quick and easy to apply. One of the main reasons people buy eyeshadow sticks is for the quick and simple application - and this is definitely straight forward! 




This is what it looks like when applied to the eye. I felt it really complemented my eyes and is a nice colour to wear for everyday makeup. Or you can add darker colour over the top to create a smokey eye for a late night look. One thing I'll say, is that this lasted ALL day. If anything it was harder to remove at the end of the day!! The colour is really pigmented and a great quality. It glides smoothly onto your skin and has a creamy consistency that is easy to build up and blend.
Overall if you're looking for a high quality but simple to use eyeshadow, then this is the one for you. Although the price tag is £29/$43.50, it's worth it. I will definitely be purchasing another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment